As an affiliate, there are many things to take into consideration when choosing a fashion merchant to promote, especially if they are based and/or ship within Canada. Online shopping in Canada has been slower in ecommerce growth compared to the US, but the number of Canadian shoppers seeking online deals is rising. More Canadians are searching for clothing, accessories, services, coupons and deals that are local. With no foreseeable end, the online Canadian market has an abundant amount of online shoppers looking to spend their hard earned money!
According to creditcardscanada.ca, Canadians made 10 million online orders valued at $15.3 billion in 2010. If you want a piece of the Canadian market, it is important to know in advance what type of merchant you are signing up to and what to expect from your partnership. Let’s look at different factors when choosing to promote Canadian fashion merchants.
- 30 Days or more of Cookie Tracking: Look for 30 days or more of cookie tracking. You want to make sure you always get credit for sales that originate from your site, even if the shopper leaves and then decides to return after a certain amount of days.
- Good Analytics: You need a way to check on clickthroughs and payouts to assess conversion issues or evaluate performance progress.
- Marketing Tools: Good marketing tools are essential when promoting fashion and help you generate more traffic and increase sales.
- Affiliate Management: No software is complete without affiliate support. Support is not usually required on a daily basis, but if and when an issue occurs, it is good to know that helpful assistance is a short hop away.
With a growing online retail market, there are many Canadian fashion merchants looking to recruit affiliates with traffic in Canada. These days, you can quickly find reviews and discussions about the best merchants and affiliate programs in this market.
To give you a head start, we would like to share a couple of great fashion merchants based in or who ship to Canada, who are always looking for hard working affiliates like you: Stylehopper, StyleFly.ca and Fashion To Figure. To find out more about our fashion retail merchants, please click here!
- How Fashion Retailers can use Affiliate Tracking Software
- 3 Affiliate Tracking Software Considerations for Fashion Retail Merchants
- Desperately Seeking Canadian Shoppers and Affiliates Too!
- SEO Tips for Canadian Online Retailers
- Merchant Interview: Lessons for affiliates on promoting at Christmas Time